Friday, October 27, 2006

An interview with an insane person

A friend helped me by setting up an interview with a realtor that she knows. However, the realtor is insane. Here is my email to my friend, post-interview:

-------


Holy cow, Jane is a LOONEY-TOON! She's sweet and professional and "high-energy", but that lazy eye and that rambling, non-sensical thought pattern-cum-verbiage is a swirling vortex of insanity! It was like I was talking to someone on speed and a mild dose of LSD.

Apparently, she is a self-described "D.I.S.C." This was a theme in what Jane called the "unconventional interview." DISC stands for something like Driver Insane Sick Cross-your-T's-and-Dot-Your-i's. I really couldn't tell you. The eye had me transfixed, a twirling, watery orb that drew me in with its tractor beam. I think she was scanning my brain with it.

She is something over 40 and is obviously upset about not having a husband. No shit! If I went on a blind date I would excuse myself to the bathroom, knock out the exhaust fan and crawl out whatever hole I could...God knows I wouldn't want her following me to my car.

If I worked for her, I would be working in her house, mono-y-mono. No way could I handle that. I would set myself on fire.

There's also an element of self-loathing in there, somewhere. Every 5 minutes of upbeat personality would be lambasted with 30 seconds of shadowy discontent, the lights above us dimming and a chiaroscuro contrast of black and white would cross her face. Scary shit.

This is not to say that I don't appreciate your efforts. Thanks for calling her, I really really appreciate it.

But no thanks.
------------

The whole interview lasted about an hour. I like the position I'm in right now...I'm not desperate to find income, and I have time to find a place I feel comfortable in. We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home