Monday, July 31, 2006

Hollywood Grill

The monte cristo sandwich at Hollywood Grill is fantastic. It came out of the kitchen a hyper-orange color, its aroma a subtly sweet homage to breakfast, lunch and dinner all in one. I needed it to sober me up for my ride home.

The horizon was changing to a purplish-yellow when I rode my motorcycle up Humboldt Boulevard at 5:00 am this morning. I haven't been up that long in a while. Funny, I thought. I used to get up at this time over the winter. My friend Mike and I would go to the gym at the Hilton Hotel on 7th and Wabash for an early morning jog on the treadmills. It was one of many weapons in my arsenal against depression over the winter. After the workout, a sauna and shower, and then at 7:00 I was ready to face the day, a comforting ache in my thighs to remind me of all I've accomplished before the sun came up.

Once Summer rolls around, the last thing on my mind is exercise. I eat, drink, and smoke my way into an unhealthy corner, only to ravel myself up again once the straight-lace chill of Fall gets into the air.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home